Remember the first time you saw an R8? Your reaction was probably something along the lines of, "what is THAT?” Well, same for us.
From that moment forward, our work was cut out for us – we had to create a masterpiece for the masterpiece. Introducing two serious options for your R8:
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust
The Audi R8 4.2L SwitchPath™ Exhaust sets a new standard. Beyond the hand crafted detail that is standard for every AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust, this one packs a little something special: The R8 4.2L Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
- Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through a central muffler, keeping sound tame and drone free.
- At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves open and the system is unleashed – going into "straight pipe" mode.
- An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath™ Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust line has set a new bar. SwitchPath™ Exhaust highlights include:
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- Uses Factory Tips
- No CEL with full system or straight pipes
- German Engineered control valves
- CNC machined V-Band connections
- One piece, full bolt on system means easy and reversible installation
- Programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- Lifetime Warranty
- SwitchPath™ design allows driver to select volume
- In-cabin remote toggle for SwitchPath™ Exhaust
- Power gains of +20 hp / +16 ft-lb peak crank
- 25 hp / 28 ft-lb @ 4700 rpm
- 24 lb weight savings with SwitchPath™ System
- Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
Lifetime Limited Warranty
The following warranty is valid only in the United States.
The Manufacturer’s full warranty applies to all products sold.
Secor Ltd. (AWE Tuning) warrants to the original retail purchaser (Consumer) this product (13-15 R8 4.2L Exhaust) from date of original purchase against manufacturing defects for: ONE YEAR on tip finish and LIFETIME on balance of parts
Upon verification of warranty coverage, AWE Tuning will repair or replace the defective product at their discretion, without charge. This is the only remedy the Consumer has for any loss or damage, however arising, due to nonconformity in or defect of the product. This warranty does not cover consequential damage, loss of time or revenues, shipping costs, labor costs, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle, damage to the vehicle or components, or other incidental or indirect damage.
All warranties are void if the product was not installed by a certified auto mechanic, improperly serviced, modified, or used in a way not intended by the Manufacturer. Use of product in Motorsports or Racing conditions is grounds for warranty denial. Motorsports and Racing is an inherently abusive operational condition, and it is impossible to warranty for this type of usage.
The Consumer is responsible for ensuring that the product is installed in a safe and proper manner, and should cease usage of the product immediately if an unsafe or improper condition is noted. If an unsafe or improper condition is noted, the Consumer should then immediately contact the facility where the product was installed or AWE Tuning directly.
The AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee means that we guarantee that the product will fit as it should: all product sections will align properly to each other, and the product will align properly with mounting points as noted in the instructions.
Original owner, first installation only.
One year from date of new product retail purchase from AWE Tuning directly or from authorized AWE Tuning dealer. Proof of sale required.
Repair, replace or consult toward resolution at AWE Tuning’s discretion.
Customer is responsible for all shipping costs in the event of a return.
There is no restocking fee.