Get a Billy Boat 3" Twin Tips Cat Back Exhaust System for your MK4 Volkswagen. At Modded Euros we can’t say enough about the quality that Billy Boat brings to the table. They guaranteed a lifetime of performance. Made from T304 stainless steel, this product is meticulously crafted by hand. Extensive research and development has gone into creating a product that gets impressive gains in both torque and horsepower. Not only is the performance stellar, but the aggressive sound will give you goosebumps.
- 3.0" center pipe with resonator.
- Polished muffler and tips
- 4" Twin ROUND Rolled-Edge Tips
- TIG welded fully stainless construction
- CNC hangers
- PRT system allows you to have a mild exhaust note at cruising speeds yet a forceful note on aggressive driving
- All necessary gaskets included in all kits
- Reducer included: Allows the customer to connect their factory downpipe or catback to the B&B part.
- Maximum exhaust flow
- No interior resonance or 'drone',
- Simple installation
- Highest hand-built quality
A3 /GLI / GTI 2.0T Downpipe Exhaust System Installation Guide
Remove Factory Exhaust
With proper installation your new B&B Performance Exhaust system will last a lifetime. While installation of this product is very simple and straightforward, there are a couple areas that need some attention.
) Disconnect the NEG (-) battery terminal. Disconnecting power from your vehicle may allow the computer to “clear” its memory during installation. (Note: If you have the FSI (BPY) version of the vehicle, follow steps 2-5, then skip to step 9. If you have the TSI (CCTA) version of the vehicle, skip to step 6.)
For The FSI Version
2) With the engine cool, disconnect the MAF sensor near the top passenger side of engine. Remove the wire from the clip holding it to the shroud. Unclip the turbo intake pipe from the engine shroud. Separate the two pieces. (Note: use care not to lose the O-ring gasket).
3) Unclip the air snorkel from the engine shroud. Move the snorkel clear of the connection to free the engine shroud
4) Remove the engine shroud from the engine.
5) Unplug the upper oxygen sensor and remove the wire from the clip attaching it to the firewall.
For the TSI version:
6) Disconnect the MAF sensor plug near the top driver side of the engine shroud. Remove the wire from the clip holding it to the flexible air tube.
7) Unclip the flexible air tube from the solid turbo inlet pipe.Move the tube clear of the connection. Unclip the other end of the flexible air tube from the MAF sensor housing.Remove the tube from the vehicle.
8) Unplug the upper oxygen sensor and remove the wire from the clip attaching it to the firewall.
9) Remove the upper downpipe oxygen sensor from the factory. (Note: take care and keep the sensor end of the O2 sensor clean.
6) Spray the downpipe flange mounting nuts with a rust penetrating spray. Allow the penetrating spray to soak then remove the two upper flange nuts.
7) Remove the CV Shaft heat shield from the rear of the engine. Remove the two lower flange nuts.
8) Remove the lower O2 sensor and tuck it out of the way.
9) Unbolt the downpipe grommet bracket from the vehicle.
10) Remove the two tunnel braces.
1) Place the gasket onto the studs coming out of the turbo. Slide the flange over the mounting studs. Hand tighten the four nuts. Tighten the two lower flange nuts first and then tighten the two upper flange nuts.
2) Install the upper O2 sensor and tighten. Reconnect the O2 sensor connector the plug and attach the wire with the retain clip on the firewall. (Note: If you have the FSI (BPY) version of the vehicle, follow steps 3 & 4, then skip to step 7. If you have the TSI (CCTA) version of the vehicle, skip to step 5).
For The FSI Version:
3) Install the engine shroud. Align and fasten the turbo intake pipe. Plug in the adjacent MAF sensor plug, and anchor the sensor wire to the engine shroud.
4) Align the flexible air tube with the MAF sensor housing and install the retaining clip. Align the other end of the air tube to the solid inlet pipe and install the retaining clip.
For The TSI Version:
5) Align the flexible air tube with the MAF sensor housing and install the retain clip. Align the other end of the air tube to the solid turbo inlet pipe and install the retaining clip.
6) Plug in the MAF sensor plug and attach the wire to the air tube.
7) Mount the CV shaft heat shield to the rear of the engine. Bolt the downpipe grommet bracket to the vehicle.
8) Push the provided hanger into the grommet bracket with the center hole aligned with the slotted hole on the downpipe bracket. Install the bolt and nut onto the hanger bracket. Tighten the nut and bolt at this time.
9) Place a 3” clamp onto the lower downpipe section on the catalytic converter side and slide onto the upper downpipe. Make sure the O2 bung is facing upwards and toward the passenger side of the vehicle. Tighten the clamp snugly.
10) Install the O2 sensor into the O2 bung.
If connecting to the factory cat-back: trim the rear of the lower downpipe to allow room for the supplied adaptor and clamps. If connecting to an aftermarket 3” cat-back: do not use the supplied adaptor.
10) Install the two factory tunnel braces.
11) Insert the two front hangers into the rubber grommets.
12) When the downpipe is in the desired position, tighten all the clamps starting from the rear to the front of the vehicle. Tighten the nut and bolt at the hanger.
13) Reconnect the NEG (-) battery terminal. Start the vehicle.
14) With the vehicle running at idle, check for exhaust leeks at each connection. If there is a leak, check the mounting hardware it tight.
15) Enjoy this fine product for the life of your vehicle.
Fire the car up and take it for a spin around the block making sure there are no rattles. After logging on a few hundred miles re-torque your work.
Billy Boat Performance Exhaust offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser of all non-race application products. Said products are warranted for life against corrosion and two years against any defect in workmanship and materials.
Claimed defective products must be returned with a Returned Goods Authorization number to Billy Boat Performance Exhaust at the buyer’s expense. Products returned without an RGA number are subject to refusal. Upon receipt Billy Boat Performance Exhaust will, at its option, repair or replace the defective item. Damages caused by abuse, racing or alteration are not covered under warranty.
Our products are meant for high performance use and may not be legal for highway use in some states. Sound quality is subjective and may not be covered under warranty. The warranty set above is the only warranty, expressed or implied. In no event will Billy Boat Performance Exhaust be responsible for any consequential or incidental damages or charges.