The Dinan Turbo Inlets are an easy-to-install bolt-on upgrade that eliminates the largest obstacle in the entire factory intake system, the turbocharger inlets themselves. They are an upgrade that is both cost effective and an important stepping stone in the modification journey to unlocking maximum power out of the luxury sedan.
From the factory, the plastic inlets are limited and allow very little volume to pass as they neck down dramatically to the turbochargers themselves. This reduction stifles flow and increases the pressure ratio pre-turbine causing the turbochargers to work harder than necessary. This is a problem Dinan engineers took great care in rectifying through exhaustive prototyping and testing to ensure maximum future power potential while also having compatibility with numerous potential configurations. The benefit of their hard work are Dinan Turbo Inlets that are constructed of gloss UV coated 2x2 carbon fiber and are designed to mate seamlessly with whatever level of modification to the intake system you anticipate (paired with either stock air boxes or the full Dinan Cold Air Intake System). Where the carbon fiber ends an aluminum adapter to connect to the stock turbocharger begins. Using the same factory locking system, installation in this area is straightforward and earmarked by a "click" when secure. The simplicity making this quite possibly the quickest and least aggravating installs on the platform you will encounter. The pipe itself has been created to offer the largest possible cross-sectional area all the way from the intake filter to the turbo, a staggering 200% increase in volume over stock. This is the key to maximum performance gains from the system and the reason for the organic and unorthodox shape of the Dinan inlet system. While the effects of the additional volume are pronounced on a vehicle equipped with the factory airboxes and results in average gains of +11 WHP / +13 WTQ from 2000 RPM to redline, the overall efficiency of the entire intake system is maximized when paired with the Dinan Cold Air Intake that is also delivering an increased volume of cooler air earlier in the intake tract.
- More Power: Max gains of 22 WHP and 18 lb-ft of torque @ 6500 RPM on an otherwise stock vehicle. Average gains of 11 WHP and 13 WTQ from 2000 RPM to redline.
- Outflows the factory inlets.
- Larger internal diameter throughout (maximum cross-sectional area allowed).
- More volume (~200% more than stock; 105 cubic inches vs. 35 cubic inches per side).
- Carbon fiber construction for heat insulation and visual appeal.
- Compatible with both the OEM and Dinan intake systems. Compatibility with other intakes not guaranteed.
- Quick and easy bolt-on installation.
No images yet