HP Plus ('N' Compound Code)
Hawk Performance’s HP Plus brake pad compound is ideal for Autocross and Track Day drivers looking for a high performance race compound that can take the heat of the track and get you home safely without having to change the pads.
HP Plus utilizes a unique Ferro-Carbon, high-tech friction material that was developed and manufactured for sport driving in autocross, Solo II and “track day” applications. The Ferro-Carbon formulation offers lower wear rates and higher torque values than other competitive materials.
Extremely high coefficient of friction makes HP Plus the perfect upgrade over stock for high performance streetcars used in autocross competition or that experience repetitive, heavy braking.
- Position: Front
- w/0.760 Thickness
- Hawk Performance burnishes its HP Plus brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.
- Extremely High Friction Output
- Fade Resistant
- Worthy for Autocross & Club Racing Events
- Install brake pads properly. Be sure pads are securely positioned in the caliper.
- Flush system with fresh brake fluid.
- Check all hydraulic parts for excess wear and tear.
- Check disc for proper thickness, parallelism, and lateral runout.
- Check disc for scoring or grooves over .012”depth. If either applies, resurfacing is required.
- If discs do not need resurfacing, then contamination from the previous brake pads must be removed. Sand discs with 130-grit sandpaper using moderate pressure. Use soap and water to clean disc surface after sanding and machining. Discs should be free and clear of oil, grease, and brake fluid.
- Inspect calipers for freedom of movement. Lubricate where necessary.
- After installing new brake pads, make 6-to-10 stops from approximately 30-35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
- Make an additional 2-to-3 hard stops from approximately 40-45 MPH.
- DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
- Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
- After step 4 is completed, your new Hawk Performance brake pads are ready for use.
Hawk Performance will warranty products to be free of defects from workmanship and materials. This warranty does not apply to normal wear or damage caused by negligence, lack of maintenance, accident, abnormal operations, or improper installation or service. Hawk Performance does not make any other warranty claims, either expressed or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Hawk Performance be liable for incident or consequential damages of any kind, whether such damages are claimed on account of breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or strict product liability. This includes without limitation, damage to property, or other economic losses that may be incurred.
Any, and all, warranty claims must be processed through Hawk Performance.
All valid warranty claims will be replaced/reimbursed with Hawk Performance brake pads of equal or greater value.
Does this fit my vehicle?
|Start Year||End Year||Make||Model||Submodel||Cyl||Lit||Fuel||FuelDel||ASP||EngDesg||Notes|
|V6||3.6||ALL||ALL||ALL||ALL||4 Motion; Position: Front|
|2006||2007||VOLKSWAGEN||PASSAT||3.6||V6||3.6||ALL||ALL||ALL||ALL||FWD; Position: Front|
No images yet