The K&N 69-9504TTK Typhoon air intake system is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system. The restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing are replaced by the K&N Typhoon air intake which is designed to dramatically reduce air flow restriction as it smoothes and straightens air flow. This allows your engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the factory air intake. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine’s RPM range.
The 69-9504TTK air intake comes with a K&N XStream Top air filter designed for higher air flow and durability. A heat shield installs into the previous air box space that directs air through an intake tube into the engine’s throttle body for a guaranteed power gain. The intake tube has an attractive textured black finish that's made to last and accommodates the factory mass air sensor and air injection hose (on vehicles equipped with an air injection system). The XStream Top air filter can be used for up to 100,000 miles before servicing is needed depending on driving conditions.
This air intake is relatively easy to install usually in 90 minutes or less using existing factory mounting points requiring commonly available tools to do the job.
- Estimated Horsepower Gain: 9.19 HP @ 4853 RPM
- Air Filter Color: Red
- Air Filter Height: 6.5 in (165 mm)
- Air Filter Large End Diameter 6 in (152 mm)
- Air Filter Material Cotton Gauze
- Air Filter Outlet Shape Round
- Clamp Material Stainless Steel
- Clamp Style Regular
- Clamps Included 6
- Couplers Included 3
- Intake Pipe Color / Finish Textured Black
- Intake Pipe Material Aluminum
- Replacement Filter RX-4730XD
- CARB EO Number: D-269-43
- TUV Approved (Europe) No
- For vehicles without SAI (secondary air injection - CCTA engine code) only.
- Guaranteed to increase horsepower
- Designed to improve throttle response and engine sound
- Low restriction aluminum tube
- Easy to install, usually in 90 minutes or less
- Lasts up to 100,000 miles before service is required (depending on driving conditions)
- Replaces stock air intake system
- Washable and reusable lifetime air filter
- K&N Million Mile Limited Warranty
Million Mile Limited Warranty
K&N O/E Replacement Air Filters and Air Intake Systems purchased from Authorized Dealers are backed by a Million Mile Limited Warranty when used primarily on paved roads and on vehicles for which they were designed. If one of these products ever fails to provide complete satisfaction, K&N will replace it.
What Is Not Covered By Our Warranty
Any K&N product used for
- Any type of racing or competition;
- Any off-road use, custom or modified applications;
- Any off-road or dual sport motorcycle/ ATV use;
- Any illegal highway use, marine, or industrial applications.
All K&N Air Filters not covered by our million mile warranty are warranted against defective materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase with no mileage limitation. This includes K&N Air Filters sold for ATV's and off-highway or dual-purpose motorcycles.
Incorrect Cleaning or Use Voids Warranty
K&N Air Filters should be cleaned every 50,000 miles for normal highway use, more often in dusty conditions. Cleaning should be done with K&N cleaner and air filter oil (or comparable air filter cleaner and oil). Use of compressed air, or chemicals not specifically designed to clean and re-oil cotton air filters (i.e. gasoline, transmission fluid, motor oil, lightweight oil, or diesel fuel) will void the warranty. Any damaged, abused or modified K&N Air Filters will not be warranted.
Any K&N product returned to K&N will need a Return Goods Authorization number and must be sent at customers' expense along with proof of purchase. Call 1-800-858-3333 or contact K&N by email or mail.
Register your warranty at K&N's website and you'll be eligible for special promotions and product upgrade opportunities.
Extent of Warranty
Any defective K&N Air Filter properly returned to K&N will be replaced. K&N reserves the right to determine whether the terms of the warranty, set out above, have been properly complied with. In the event that the terms are not complied with, K&N shall be under no obligation to honor this warranty. K&N will not be responsible for any indirect, consequential, special, contingent, or other damages.
Does this fit my vehicle?
|Start Year||End Year||Make||Model||Submodel||Cyl||Lit||Fuel||FuelDel||ASP||EngDesg||Notes|
|L4||2.0||GAS||FI||T||CCTA||Does not fit late 2013 Gen3 engines.|
Was looking at the other options like AEM but after reading up on the forums decided to go with K&N. Built real well and looks good in my engine bay.