The Factory Intercooler Delete Kit is for vehicles using a Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) that bypasses factory intercooler and is no longer being used. By removing the unused factory intercooler using FID kit you will get more air flow, better efficiency from radiator and A/C condenser and weight savings. FID brackets will replace the factory intercooler to support A/C condenser and coolant radiator and bolt onto front core support at factory mounting locations.
Made from 1/8" aluminum plate, billet aluminum mounting tabs, plated steel threaded inserts and black hard anodized coating, also included mounting hardware and installation instructions.
When considering a factory intercooler upgrade independent test show a FMIC to be more efficient and produce more HP than an intercooler sandwiched between other radiators.
Fits: Transverse 2.0L TFSI / TSI - Audi A3 / S3 / TT and VW MKV / VI
- Aluminum construction with steel threaded inserts and black hard anodized.
- Flange bolts and installation instructions included.
- Bolt-on kit.
- Designed and manufactured in Camarillo, CA. USA
- 1 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturing and/or material defects, unless stated otherwise
- Original retail purchaser who retains ownership of the vehicle on which the Product was originally installed
- More info
Does this fit my vehicle?
|Start Year||End Year||Make||Model||Submodel||Cyl||Lit||Fuel||FuelDel||ASP||EngDesg||Notes|
These intercooler delete brackets worked perfectly and allowed easy elimination of the stock intercooler after installing a FMIC in my 2012 CC. I highly recommend them if you just can't bring yourself to leave a useless piece of equipment in your ride and don't have the time or inclination to make your own brackets. In any case, the fit and finish are top notch.
shipped quick. good piece