STAGE 2 DRAG:
Drag racing requires a Single Mass SFI approved Flywheel to be included with each kit when the original design is Dual Mass. This system features a Heavy Duty Pressure Plate modified for a puck style disc with no cushion between the linings to keep the clutch pedal travel short and quick. The puck design disc reduces rotational mass and total drive surface area while increasing pounds per square inch on the surface of the friction material. This combination minimizes inertia, accelerating the transfer of torque from the engine to the wheels. The friction material used for this race application is Graphite Impregnated Ceramic. This compound exceeded all other friction materials when testing for durability, reduced chatter, heat transfer and torque capacity.
Recommended uses are drag racing, drifting and limited street.
Torque Rating of 500 ft-lbs.
Flywheels manufactured by SBC are made from low carbon, hot rolled steel that is highly resistant to warping and perfectly suited for the friction materials mated to them. Single mount CNC machining guarantees precise tolerances and perfect balance exceeding O.E. specifications. Extensive field testing has been done to determine the proper weight for each specific vehicle and to ensure smooth operation, safety and durability under extreme operating conditions.
- Includes a Single Mass SFI approved Flywheel
- Heavy Duty Pressure Plate modified for a puck style disc with no cushion between the linings to keep the clutch pedal travel short and quick
- Puck design disc reduces rotational mass and total drive surface area while increasing pounds per square inch on the surface of the friction material
- Torque Rating of 500 ft-lbs.
- 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty
South Bend Clutch, Inc. warrants that our clutches are free from defects in workmanship and material under normal use and service. The obligation of South Bend Clutch, Inc,. under the warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the defective product, which fails within 12 months or 12,000 miles. We will not be liable for losses that might be claimed as a result of the failure of any part, nor shall we be liable for damages or injury to any persons or property resulting from the misuses or improper installation of any part subject to this warranty. Click here for Warranty Registration form.
South Bend Clutch, Inc. reserves the right to examine all parts returned for warranty claim to determine whether or not any such part has failed because of a defect in material or workmanship. Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing, replacing, or crediting, at our discretion, any part found to be defective.
The Limited Warranty will not be valid under the following express conditions:
- When purchased by retail customer for less than our MAP price (see Pricing Policy below)
- When not installed by a certified mechanic
- When flywheel was not replaced with new or resurfaced to specification
- Clutches which have been altered, improperly installed, or damaged by accident, negligence or misuse
- When transmission fails or has excessive wear
Products used for High Performance and/or Racing purposes which they were not origianlly engineered for, will not be covered.
We encourage you to shop around when buying our parts but we do not allow discounts or price matching that goes below our MAP prices (3% below our published retail price). Anyone paying less than our MAP price will lose their warranty!
No returned product for warranty, repair, or replacement will be accepted without a return authorization number (RMA). Please call the dealer you bought the clutch from, if you bought it directly through us you can call and speak to our warranty department at 1-800-988-4345.