Unitronic is proud to introduce its Stage 2+ IS38 ECU Performance Software for the 1.8TSI EA888 engines found in the MK7 Golf, Sportwagen, Alltrack and the 8V A3.
Massive gains of +182HP/+139LB-FT over VW’s advertised output can be obtained with a Genuine IS38 Turbocharger, Unitronic Downpipe, Turbo Inlet Elbow, Carbon Fiber Intake System with Air Duct, and Intercooler Upgrade for a total engine output of 352HP / 324 LB-FT TQ. Due to popular demand, Unitronic Stage 2+ IS38 ECU Performance Software also includes features like Left-Foot Braking, Exhaust Pops and Bangs, and EU-style Start-Up Overrun.
Not available for Automatic Transmission (09G/09S) equipped models. DSG equipped models require Unitronic Stage 2 DSG Performance Software.
Subject to ECU box code availability. Some features may not be available for all ECU box codes and may require a UniCONNECT+ cable to install.
93 Octane / 98 Ron gas
Flashed directly through the (OBDII) Diagnostic port of your vehicle (10-15 minutes). (In some rare cases it may require a little more time.)
This vehicle has added support through UniCONNECT+ which allows you to program your own vehicle right in your own garage. Learn More
- Engineered with Strict Industry Standards:
With over 10 years of experience in Bosch and Siemens engine management calibration, Unitronic is able to utilized its industry leading tools and equipment to assure an optimal calibration; delivering maximum performance, while maintaining complete OEM-like reliability and drivability.
- Extensively Tested Under Various Driving Conditions:
Development begins using its in-house engine dyno housed in an environmentally controlled cell; closely monitoring a plethora of operational data, utilizing industry leading calibration tools and resources. Additional validation and results comparison are completed using its in-house Maha Chassis dyno as a second step of product development. Beta calibrations are then tested in race and street scenarios, using multiple cars throughout the world under various driving conditions. This engine calibration strategy ensures Unitronic Performance Software delivers maximum performance, OEM-like drivability and reliability anywhere in the world. Unitronic Performance Software is only released to its Clients once development is thoroughly completed in accordance to Unitronic’s strict standards.
- Factory Safety Limiters Retained:
OEM “fail safes” are retained within the ECU calibration. Close monitoring of all operation parameters ensures that engine operation stays within factory components limits, resulting in an OEM-like drivability and reliability.
- Engine Temperature Protection (Rev Limit based on Engine Coolant Temperature):
Engine speed limit protection active under warm-up to prevent potential damage when coolant temperature is not within operation range.
- Optimized Responsiveness and Drivability:
Professionally calibrated to improve engine response and reduce drive-by-wire lag. Optimized torque curve for more low end torque and faster turbo spool.
- Optimized Smoothness and Driving Comfort:
Due to the large flat torque curve, the calibration offers a smooth operation under normal and hard acceleration. This results in linear acceleration with constant torque without low end torque peak that will cause loss of traction and uncontrollable power surge, at the expense of high engine speed power.
- Optimized Maximum Output:
Unitronic development team delivers the maximum power output while staying within the operational limits of the factory components used. Specifically, this results in the highest engine performance without sacrificing the reliability of the engine, turbocharger, or other engine components.
- Power Delivery Perfectly Optimized Throughout the Power Band:
Aligned with the OEM strategy, the calibration is designed to offer a large flat torque plateau to provide a smooth and linear power band. Maximum torque output is achieved sooner and maintained longer which creates a broader torque plateau and greater area under the curve. This results in an improved acceleration and optimal engine operation.
- Improved Fuel Efficiency:
Optimized timing and injection under cruising condition for an improved fuel efficiency.
- Speed Governor Removed:
Vehicle speed limiter within ECU is removed. (If automatic, subject to transmission rotational speed limit)
- Ignition Timing Precisely Calibrated for Higher Octane Fuel:
Engine calibration optimized to take advantage of higher fuel quality to extract maximum energy from the combustion. Therefore, when using a higher octane fuel, more power and better fuel efficiency will be achieved.
- 3 Inch Downpipe for 1.8/2.0 TSI Gen3 MQB (AWD) by Unitronic
- 3'' Downpipe for 1.8 TSI Gen3 MQB (FWD) by Unitronic
- Carbon Fiber Intake System With Air Duct For 1.8/2.0 TSI Gen3 MQB
- Intercooler Upgrade Kit for 1.8/2.0 TSI Gen3 MQB by Unitronic
- Unitronic Turbo Inlet Elbow for 1.8/2.0 TSI Gen3 MQB
- IS38 Turbo Upgrade (Golf R/S3 2.0 TSI)
- *Unitronic cannot guarantee results for Clients using third-party hardware and results may vary as a result. Post-sale technical support can not be provided by Unitronic or its affiliates for Clients using third-party hardware.
Performance Gains: +182HP / +139TQ
- Engineered with Strict Industry Standards
- Extensively Tested Under Various Driving Conditions
- Factory Safety Limiters Retained
- Engine Temperature Protection (Rev Limit based on Engine Coolant Temperature)
- Optimized Responsiveness and Drivability
- Optimized Smoothness and Driving Comfort
- Optimized Maximum Output
- Power Delivery Perfectly Optimized Throughout the Power Band
- Improved Fuel Efficiency
- Speed Governor Removed
- Ignition Timing Precisely Calibrated for Higher Octane Fuel
15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Unitronic stands behind its Performance Software & Hardware to deliver its Clients with the performance, quality, and reliability the brand has been established on. Unitronic offers a hassle free, no questions asked 15-day Satisfaction Guarantee on its Performance Software.
Unitronic's goal is to enhance your vehicle’s performance, while ensuring the advertised power figures are met. Their risk-free guarantee exists to bring you peace of mind, so rest assured that Unitronic will go the extra mile for you, every time. To take advantage of our 15-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, simply contact us at [email protected]
Does this fit my vehicle?
|Start Year||End Year||Make||Model||Submodel||Cyl||Lit||Fuel||FuelDel||ASP||EngDesg||Notes|
CABRIOLET PREMIUM PLUS
|L4||1.8||GAS||FI||T||ALL||Not For use with Automatic Transmission equipped vehicles!|
|2015||2018||VOLKSWAGEN||GOLF SPORTWAGEN||S||L4||1.8||GAS||FI||T||ALL||Not for use with Automatic Transmission equipped vehicles!|
|2017||2019||VOLKSWAGEN||GOLF SPORTWAGEN||S 4MOTION||L4||1.8||GAS||FI||T||ALL|
No images yet